Per the previous post, I've also never had the opportunity to change a diaper. I've never really had to avoid it or dodge it; it just never came up. Well, Lil C gave us something we weren't planning on having to take care of...buying and changing diapers. Denielle was a trooper and took care of him for the first several days. When Monday rolled around, it was time for her to get back to work full-time and for me to embrace my inner Mr. Mom.
When I went to drop him off at daycare, he farted (so I thought) as we walked into the center. I looked at him and said "Are you serious? Tell me you didn't just do what I think you did." His only answer was a big grin and a little giggle. So I did what any father would do and walked into his room and said "I think he may have just pooped. Here are some diapers. I'll pick him up at 3." The look on the lady's face was priceless. To my defense, I didn't have any diapers on me...I had just given them all to the daycare staff!
I don't believe in karma but I do believe that if you have a 2 yr old, sooner or later, you're going to have to change a poopy diaper. God decided my first experience would be later that day. Denielle was playing with him and said "Hey Nick, he needs to be changed but I think it's just #1." So I grabbed him, went into the bathroom, laid him down, and pulled down his diaper. Boy was she wrong! I about fell backwards after that wall of aroma hit me. I can usually hold my own with that stuff, but this was fresh and powerful. He thought he was pretty cute though because he had that big grin on his face again. After 5 wipes and a trash can fit for haz mat decontamination, he was back up and running around the house. I, on the other hand, was outside breathing much easier...no longer a poopy diaper virgin.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment