Every now and then I try to go out of my way to show affection to Miss S. Lately, it's been in the form of a bear hug when I drop her off and pick her up from school and when she goes to bed. It's been hard for me to do given the discipline situation I explained in the last post. This morning though, I tried to really be in to whatever she was talking about and show her some enthusiasm.
As I pulled up to her school, I got out, opened her car door, and watched her get out. When she had her lunch box in one hand and her back pack in the other, I bent down, gave her a big hug, and picked her up and wiggled with her. Because she was holding her stuff, her arms were at her sides so she couldn't hug me back. She did, however, decide to laugh and give me a little kiss on the cheek. I was shocked. So shocked, in fact, that I put her back down and just told her to have a great day at school and I'd see her afterward. I did not see that one coming.
Then tonight, we put them to bed and sang Jesus Loves Me and prayed. Denielle gave them both a hug and then I gave her another big hug and she hugged me back...and gave me another kiss on the cheek. This time I was prepared and gave her one back.
So that was the highlight of our interaction today. The low was probably when I had to tell her that she couldn't take her bubbles on our walk. Thanks for your prayers. Please continue to pray for their mother. We have a visit scheduled tomorrow but CPS hasn't heard from her since before their last scheduled visit.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment