Miss S started off the weekend with her last day of school on Friday. She had a half day so I picked her up at 12:30 and decided to take her to the library. She loved getting the library card and running around the different areas of books, magazines, CD's, and DVD's. We got a couple books and High School Musical 3.
Then we went and visited Denielle at work. She'd been talking to Miss S about the "big Barbie dolls" she works with and Miss S had gotten very excited to see it all. She got to see all the mannequins and even checked for a pulse, pushed some medications, and talked with one of the "patients" (there are speakers in the mannequin's mouths so the other nurses can talk to the nursing student as if they were the patient).
Then we picked up Lil C from daycare and headed home to watch a little of HSM3 before D got home. We spent the evening with some great friends and their 3 little boys. The kids love playing at their house so we stayed waaaay past their bed times. We always love talking with our friends and we had a great time discussing life, kids, and God.
Saturday, D took Miss S to meet D's Mom at some stores. It was Goodwill's 50% off day so they scored some great toys and even a bike for Miss S! Obviously she can't wait to learn how to ride it. Then D came home, dropped everything off, and went to baby shower. I stayed home with both kids (Lil C was taking a nap so technically it was 1 kid for an hour and a half) and that's when my world was turning upside down. I've seen Toy Story 1 & 2, Cars, Nemo, etc and have actually enjoyed them. When Miss S asked me to put in HSM3 for her, I thought I'd give her something to do while I was able to get some of my "chores" done. No, no. She meant she wanted me to watch it WITH her. Joy.
So after watching Zac Efron pretend to be Danny Zuko (not even close!), I woke up Lil C and got them both a snack. By that time, D had come home from the shower so we traded and I headed to the gym. When I got home, my sister in law was there and Denielle was looking frantically through the files where we keep all the kids' stuff...including their medical charts. I was a little confused but she quickly alerted me to the fact that Lil C had just taste-tested Goo Be Gone. When I saw how little he had, I wasn't too concerned but we called Poison Control just to make sure. They didn't sound too worried either but gave us a few things to watch for. None of it happened and he ate dinner like normal. Except for the baseball-sized bombs in his diapers, he showed no ill effects from his curiosity. We spent the evening having dinner, talking, and watching the kids play with Samson.
Sunday was a great time with church, friends, and seeing D's Mom and Dad for dinner. The highlight of the weekend had to be Miss S's good attitudes. We've been working on that with her and she's been putting forth a lot of effort.
Thanks as always for your prayers, support, and just reading this blog. God Bless.
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment