Full disclosure: I should be cleaning right now. Or studying. But I'm so stinkin' proud of my dog that I have to share this.
Last night I was washing dishes while watching Lil C play with Samson less than 10' away from me. Lil C has had some episodes of hitting so when he started punching the air in front of Samson, I stopped washing, dried my hands off (kind of), and went over to them. Before I could get there, Lil C punched Samson square in the nose. I freaked. I growled "NO" to him (Samson understands more English than Lil C does so this has proved effective) and picked him up and put him in timeout. When I say I picked him up, I mean that I picked him up and held him at arm's length...I did not hold him or bring him in for any kind of affection.
Samson, to his credit, just backed up a couple steps and looked at Lil C like "What was that for?" After I put Lil C in timeout, I went back over to Samson and gave him all kinds of love. And for those of you who haven't met our dog, he's a 3 1/2 yr old Rottweiler who weighs just short of 100 lbs...all muscle. He has been amazing with these kids so far and last night was just the icing on the cake for me.
Alright, back to cleaning...and then more studying. Happy Friday!
Friday, May 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment