Not much to say about today so I'll just give you the best and the worst.
Because I like to end on a high note, the Low of the Day: Mom didn't show up for visitation. We waited a half hour and Miss S was very disappointed. She wanted to wait a little longer but I had to tell her that her mom probably had something very important come up at the last minute. I told her of an email I received in which her mom said she loved them very much and couldn't wait to see them again. I don't think Lil C knew what happened. Miss S was understandably bummed for a while.
High of the Day: Dinner. Salmon, seasoned french fries, steamed carrots. Mmmm.
One last thing to talk about. We went grocery shopping tonight. As we were going down one of the aisles, D was walking in front of the cart with Lil C inside and Miss S pushing with me right behind her. We came upon a woman with 4 little kids. She looked at us and gave a smile that said "I understand what you're dealing with." I just motioned to her situation and said "How?" She said, "Well, my husband died last year so I just have to do it."
I can't remember the last time I was literally stopped cold in my tracks. I had absolutely no response. Denielle said later that my face went pale. I wanted to ask her if she was ok or if she needed anything. Was someone helping her? Did she have family close by? Friends? A babysitter? I'll never know. We finished our shopping in a kind of stunned way. We didn't say much; wasn't much to say. I just kept asking "What do you say to that?"
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment