Friday, May 14, 2010

Find a happy place, find a happy place...

Today I tried to show Miss S some love. I know she likes going to the store (wal mart, target, grocery, whatever) so this afternoon, instead of picking up Lil C and then Miss S, I decided to reverse it and hit Costco in between. She loved going through the warehouse, looking at all the merchandise, and telling me all about the big screen TV we needed to get...like I needed any convincing!

We also got lucky because all the samples were out. She got treated to a piece of cinnamon roll and we both had some baked beans with bacon and brown sugar mixed in. Good stuff. We got the few things we actually needed and headed to the checkout.

Then we headed to pick up her brother. As we were driving, she said she wanted to hug him first. I told her that sounded great. She said she was telling me so that I wouldn't hug him because he always runs to me first. This is true; I feel bad but he will sort of push her arms away as he runs to me. Yeah, it makes me feel good that he's happy to see me but I know it crushes her. That's why I usually pick him up first.

We got a good chance to talk about it and she was able to explain that it makes her sad and she really likes spending time with him. This was huge because she hasn't been able to explain why she feels the way she does. She'll say that she really wants to do something and I'll ask why. Then she just repeats that she wants to do it instead of explaining why. So when she said it makes her sad, I told her that was OK and that she should want to spend time with her brother. I don't think I can write about it enough to do the moment justice...

The high of the day was the carnival that her school put on tonight. It was great to see her running around outside, enjoying the games and seeing her with some of the other kids. Lil C had to stay in his stroller but he was able to eat quite a bit of the time so he was happy too! Denielle's mom also was able to join us and her presence is always appreciated by us and loved by the kids.

The low of the day was bed time. I've been putting Lil C to bed earlier than Miss S so he'll stay in his own bed and fall asleep before she gets in her bed. That way they both get a good night's sleep. He was not happy tonight. I think it was a combination of being really tired and coming off his sugar high. He screamed, pounded on the door, and just let us know he wasn't happy.

I don't ever want you to think we don't appreciate your prayers so, again, thank you. We keep getting up every morning because God's grace is sufficient and when we are weak, His strength is made perfect. He never says growth will be enjoyable but He promises to bring us closer to Him in the process. I'd say that's a pretty good trade-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment