Sunday, October 24, 2010

"You're killin' me Smalls!"

What time is it?! If you said "Fall", you're close. If you said something referring to a holiday, you're not remotely close. The only correct answer here is "Football season." Don't worry, Lil C hasn't quite gotten it yet either.

It's really unfair...for me. Every day I come home to requests for Nemo or Train Time or somebody training a dragon. I guess it could be worse: they could be asking for Oprah. Monday through Friday, Miss S sits down to do her homework and Lil C watches a few minutes of TV before they play together. Every day. Monday through Friday. Five days. But there's 7 days in a week. The other two days? Oh yes, those are my days. Those are reserved for football. The kids didn't get the memo.

Sure, they can have their cartoons on Saturday morning. They can even watch a cartoon on Sunday morning if they're ready for church. I don't mind at all. But when I turn the TV on and I see helmets, stadiums, and jerseys, the only fish I'm thinking about watching is a Dolphin. The only train I want to see is a 230 pound linebacker heading for Brett Favre's midsection. Nope, they didn't get the memo.

It's not that bad. I actually get to watch quite a bit. I've seen a few Nebraska games and even some of the Sunday Night Football games. I just hate when I'm sitting down to watch a game and Lil C's sitting down for lunch, pointing at the TV, and saying "Train. Train." Maybe I'm the one who didn't get the memo...

No comments:

Post a Comment