I got the call today from CPS and the judge denied the motion. The nuts and bolts of it is that mom's attorney can file as many motions as she wants to but there's really no reason for it right now. So, we proceed as usual with visits hopefully getting longer and/or more frequent. If mom continues to progress, CPS will file their own motion in 4-6 weeks for reunification.
Sometimes knowledge sucks. If you know something and somebody asks you about it, you pretty much have to tell them you can't tell them or you tell them the answer. Miss S decided to ask me tonight about the judge. So I had to tell her she's not going home just yet. I tried to explain it to her. I told her that right now, she's getting A's and B's in school...which is great. But it's only the end of October. If she keeps it up, she'll have A's and B's at the end of the year. If she doesn't, she'll get C's and D's. I told her that her mom's getting all A's right now but that the judge wants to give her more time to improve even more. Hopefully it made sense.
Here's a huge prayer request for you. Mom has asked us for tips and advice on parenting. I called her tonight to see if she still wanted that. She said yes so we're going to get together and discuss some things. Here's the deal: D and I have been pretty much silent for 7 months now. No more. We want these kids back with their mom if possible so we're going to help her as much as possible. Pray that she will have an open mind and heart and that we'll be able to communicate clearly and respectfully.
Thanks for your prayers so far. Please don't stop now!!! :)
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment