Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Just a Tuesday.

Denielle had the chance today to stay home from work and be with Lil C all day. He had a meeting with his new speech therapist and one of us needed to go with him so she took the day off while I went to school. She was very concerned about how the day would go but when I got home and asked about her day, she said it went really well.

I wasn't really surprised. She's a wonderful mom and that's exactly what he needs right now. Day care is starting to show it's bad side and we hate sending him there. He is a completely different kid when he's there. He's getting into fights, not listening to the teachers, and throwing fits. When he's with us, he gets upset and pouts, but he doesn't throw stuff or hit things.

Another thing that happened today was that Miss S's visits with her dad were officially set up. The dad has been contacted and agreed to a schedule so we're on for next week. I have to say that I'm very apprehensive about her going. I met her dad once and I know I shouldn't think this, let alone say it, but I wasn't impressed. I met him for 60 seconds and I already have this picture in my head of what he's like and how he'll be with Miss S. I really hope I'm wrong...for his sake and for her's.

When the kids got home tonight from their visit with their mom, Denielle had left to go to a ladies church meeting so I spent the last hour with them. It wasn't pretty. They were wild and crazy and I was not in the mood to put up with it. Miss S was having a hard time putting on her 'do rag (to protect her braids) and not listening to my instructions. Lil C was running around screaming and not listening to me. And Samson was...following Lil C around.

At bed time, I brought Lil C into Miss S's room to sing and pray but we only had enough time to pray. Then I gave Miss S a hug and told her goodnight while I took Lil C to bed. I held him for a little bit while I rocked to calm him down. As I was doing that, I thought for a moment that it might be a good idea to do that with Miss S. Quite frankly, I didn't want to do it. She had been fighting with me and arguing and disobeying for all 60 minutes that she had been home. Being nice to her wasn't at the top of my agenda. But I went in anyway.

She wasn't really asleep yet but she didn't jump out of bed either. I just walked up, told her everything was ok, and asked her to get up. She jumped right into my arms and I started rocking her. I asked her if she wanted to sing with me and she started to sing Jesus Loves Me. We got done with that and I went straight into Jesus Loves the Little Children. When that was over, I just kept rocking her in silence. Then she started singing Zacchaeus Was a Wee Little Man. We got done with that and I rocked her just a few seconds more before putting her back into bed. She asked why I did that and I just said "Well, I was doing it with your brother and thought you might like it too." She didn't say anything and I closed the door behind me.

I don't know what all of that means. Maybe nothing. Right now, I can't think about it too much. There's a very important meeting tomorrow with Miss S's therapist, mom, CPS case worker, child advocate attorney, our case worker, and me. It's all about how she's doing, what her issues are, and how we're going to help her. Should be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment