So this week has been very heavy. Monday I got a call from CPS saying that the kids' mom's attorney filed for immediate removal from our house and placement back into their mom's house. CPS filed an appeal with the blessing of mom's therapist to pursue a 4-6 week transition period. The court will decide what kind of timeline, if any, will be used on Tuesday. I will be at the hearing and would obviously appreciate your prayers.
We want them to be able to go back home and live with their mother. BUT we want them to be safe and we want her to be set up for success. Right now, we don't think either of those will be true. Maybe the judge will ask me for some input; maybe not. Hopefully God will speak through me if I'm given the chance.
Here's the potentially-cool part. I was checking the kids' email that I set up so they could communicate with their mom between visits. She happened to reply to my latest email but I also saw she was online. I decided to see if she was available to chat. She was and it was very interesting. Here are some tidbits:
1. She asked if D and I would be their god parents.
2. She wants us to get together with her and talk through things.
3. She wants us to serve as parent-mentors for her. There's a scary thought...
4. She likes my idea of visits with just her and Miss S so she can form a better bond.
5. She really wants to communicate with us on the phone frequently.
I have no idea if she's sincere, but if she is, it's a huge opportunity to impact her life as well as her kids' lives. We may even be able to tell her (not just show her) about God's love.
Crazy times. I'll write more soon. Please just pray for us. Thank you!
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whoa. That's big stuff. How cool would it be if she became a christian and Ms. S and Lil C did too.
ReplyDeletePraying for you and D and the waves of emotion that are sure to be hitting you guys this week and next.
Autumn