Thursday, October 14, 2010

I got this.


So Denielle has been wanting to take a trip to Colorado to see her sister (and the gorgeous weather/scenery) for a while now. The prospect of leaving both the kids with me, however, is not something either one of us really wants to think about.

Miss S just happened to have this week off of school for Fall Break so Denielle took her and headed up yesterday morning. And when I say "morning", I mean really early in the morning. Their flight left at 6 and I was given strict instructions to get them there by 4. That's just gross. But they made it and are having a great time so far.

Their first stop was at the Olympic Training Center. They got to see the gymnastics practices/workouts. Miss S was loving that! I wonder if she sees just how good someone can get at that. I wonder if she wants to be like that some day. Probably not, but I'm sure she thought it was cool.

With D and Miss S up in CO Springs, guess who that leaves at home? It's Man Cave time! And to make it even better, we had our first live burn at the academy yesterday and I was the only student who got a chance to put out both fires (because I was the last one to go through the building) so I came home feeling extra manly. :)

Lil C had a solo visit with his mom yesterday and I'm told it went pretty well. When he came home I decided to take him and Samson for a walk to burn off any extra sugar he may be hiding. When the kids came home from their last visit, on Monday, they had been to Subway. Miss S got out of the car holding a giant drink...and it wasn't water. I asked what it was. She said "It's a root beer float...without the ice cream." Classic. At least it didn't have any caffeine. Then Lil C got out with the same giant cup and the same dark liquid. I asked the parent aide what was in his cup. She said Dr. Pepper. Excuse me?! Not only a ton of sugar but also caffeine? For a 3 year old? An hour before bedtime? Thank you sir, may I have another?

Needless to say, I was glad the visit went differently last night. I still wanted to walk off his energy so I took him and Samson for a walk around our neighborhood. He walked about 1/3 of the way while I carried him off and on for the other 2/3 but he got home and was yawning quite a bit. Mission accomplished. I got him into bed with a clean body and brushed teeth right on time so I would call Day 1 a success.

The great thing about the girls being gone is that I get to watch my Huskers play this Saturday without worrying about D being home with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum by herself. Her mom is going to do me a HUUUGE favor and take the little guy while I watch Nebraska (hopefully) paste Texas.

The picture is from a hike we took a few months ago. We went with D's parents and it happened to be raining. It was a beautiful hike and a cool day. The kids and Samson loved it! I have to admit I was thinking about the blog when I took this picture...can't show their faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment