Oh yeah, you read that right. Before I go on, should that be one word, two words, hyphenated??? Anyway, I've been feeling bad because I haven't shared much about Lil C. Well, now I've got an entire post devoted to him.
First, to explain the title. Lil C and Miss S like to run from our back patio door to the couch (about 15 feet) and jump over the arm and land on the cushions. I'm not crazy about them doing this but I figure they're having fun together and I truly don't know whether or not I should stop it. I've always been nervous about it because if they would land wrong, they'd be hurting and crying if I'm lucky.
A couple days ago, they were doing their jumping routine when I walked out of our bedroom which faces their "runway". I saw Miss S take off running towards the couch and looked over just in time to see Lil C still sitting on the couch, facing his sister. As I started to say "Wait!", she took off through the air and her brother hadn't moved yet. I saw something that looked like a hand come into contact with his face; then his head went straight into the cushion. Miss S jumped up and looked at her bro. He started crying and I set down what I was carrying.
As I came over, Miss S said "He's bleeding!" I just picked him up and started walking towards the bathroom. As I did, I could see blood coming from his nose and mouth in between sobs. He kept trying to look in the mirror (smart kid) but I wouldn't let him because I knew he'd see the blood and keep crying. After several kleenexes and a few minutes of holding his head the right way, it stopped bleeding and he stopped crying.
As for the second part of the title, this is a classic. I'm in our bedroom, Denielle and Miss S are in the kitchen, and Lil C is between us. All of a sudden I hear "Oh no! Don't do that! Lil C, stop it!" Denielle told me that Lil C had been petting and playing around with Samson but stopped for a second. He calmly looked at Samson's butt, raised his hand, and inserted his finger. Instantaneously, Samson's little nubbin (I can't really call it a tail) dropped down and he turned around, looking like "What the heck are you doing?!" Thankfully he took it in stride and didn't get upset.
Needless to say, Lil C's hands got a very thorough washing by the resident RN in the house.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OMG. That is hilarious. I'm picturing the look on Samson's face followed by the look on Denielle's face. Thanks for the laugh!
ReplyDeleteAutumn
Yes, it was hilarious. I just had to share it. You know how sometimes when you say something to a dog, it cocks its head to the side? Imagine that look times 10.
ReplyDeleteUh, praise the Lord Samson didn't react the way he could have! If someone did that to me... I'd have a violent response! Good boy, Samson! Give him an extra bone for that or something:)
ReplyDeleteWe miss you guys:)