One of the things we were taught during the classes through Christian Family Care Agency was that you should expect the unexpected when dealing with foster kids and their families. Today may have been a very big day in the lives of Lil C and Miss S but they won't know about it for who knows how long.
Their mom had a court date today and I don't know if it was the only one she's getting or if there will be more to come. From what I understand, it could set some serious things in motion or it may not be anything. But, like most things, not knowing seems worse than knowing the worst-case scenario is true.
This much I know is true: the kids like it here. I know they miss their mom and I'm thankful that they do. But I also know we're doing what we set out to do when this journey began. All we wanted to do was be used by God to give some kids a safe, loving home where they would be exposed to our Heavenly Father on a daily basis. Given the fact that Miss S can't go to sleep without begging to sing Jesus Loves Me and praying or that Lil C always folds his hands and bows his head before we eat, I'd say we're doing OK.
*******************
Lil C called me daddy this week. I wasn't sure at first because Samson was around so I thought he might be saying doggy. But then he tugged on my shirt and said it again so I'm pretty sure it was daddy. When I tuck Miss S in for the night, I give her a hug, kiss her cheek a few times and say "I love my Miss S". I figure I need to make sure I give them every reason to remember that, for however brief a moment it is, they had a man in their life who loved them the way a father (hopefully) should. My mission simultaneously is to make sure they know that if they never have another father figure around on earth, they have a Heavenly Father who loves them infinitely more.
To God be the glory...
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete