Thursday, July 15, 2010

9 times...

I started thinking about Ferris Buehler's Day Off this afternoon. The reason is because the kids went to their visit with mom today and I got a call 10 minutes into it saying that Lil C had puked. Long story short, I picked him up and brought him home where he proceeded to puke 6 times in 3 hours. He didn't quite make it to 9 times, but my mind was thinking of the possibilities.

The poor kid was totally lethargic, tired, hungry, thirsty, and very irritated. He literally couldn't keep anything down. I'd give him water; it came back up. Juice; right back up. Crackers; up. The one positive I found out is that he's ok with watching Monster's Inc. and Toy Story back to back to back to back. From 1pm to 8pm, nothing but those two movies. I think we need to improve our collection...

I'm also not sure if he's ever puked into a toilet before. When I brought him home, I put him to bed and he puked 15 minutes later. I put him in the tub to clean him off and he decided to lay in there on his stomach. I kept watching really close to make sure his mouth didn't go under water or his eyes close. At one point, he folded his arms across each other and laid his head on them. He was a little too close to the water for my taste so I put one of his hand towels on top of his arms and he just rested there for a good 20 minutes. It was the weirdest/cutest thing I've seen in a long time.

Where does the toilet come into play, you might ask? When I got him out of the tub, I wrapped him in his towel to dry him off. He looked at me as if to tell me something so I asked him if he had to puke again. He nodded his head and I saw his stomach muscles start to contract. I quickly unwrapped his towel and leaned him over the toilet while I held his chest with one hand and supported his head with my other hand. He let 'er rip and cried between breaths. I definitely appreciate the lack of clean up on that one!

The rest of the afternoon was spent in various states of cuddling as Denielle and I held him on the couch while he watched his movie and tried to drink Pedialite. When his sister got home, I tried to get her a head's up and told her that we're not going to ignore her tonight, but we needed to spend a lot of time and attention on her brother. She instantly cried. I asked her what was wrong and she misunderstood me. What she heard was, "We won't be talking to you or spending any time with you tonight so sit there and leave us alone." I told her I was sorry if that's what she thought I said and explained the situation again. It was still a tough night for her but I think she understood why Lil C needed our attention.

Please pray that he gets some rest and his stomach settles down. Also, please pray for Miss S and me. We tend to bump heads a lot and I'm trying to be more gracious...I won't make this post any longer with details. Just please pray for us if you think about it. Very sweet little girl when she wants to be. I love my Miss S; I love my Miss S; I love my Miss S...

2 comments:

  1. Nick-
    Having only been a mom for a week now, I understand your last sentence. Noel has had a couple of really fussy spells and although I love her endlessly, it would be nice if I could figure out how to get her to calm down. I'm sure it's the same with Miss S. You love her, but sometimes it would be nice if she could just do what you want without all the hassle. Praying for you and Denielle!
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes? I'd be happy with once!! :) Very true Autumn. Thanks for the comment and your prayers! We're praying for you, Phillip, and Noel.

    ReplyDelete