Confused? I thought I had restrained myself from using sports terms for far too long so I decided to throw this one in there. If Nebraska would schedule a home and home series with USC, that would mean that both schools get to host a game. One would host the first year and be the home team and the other school would host the following year.
I think Miss S would approve of such a situation. She has made several comments about what she and her brother will be doing at our house in a few years. She had a friend stay overnight on Friday and she wanted Lil C to stay out of her room so she wrote a note and taped it onto her door. It said "Do not come in!" I walked up to her opened door and read it and then took it off and threw it away. Granted, it was Saturday and her friend was long gone but she was still upset. She asked why I took it down and I answered with my own question. "Who in this house right now can read?" She thought for a second and then said "Me, you , and Denielle." I said "Right. You can come in whenever you want and so can we. Your brother is the only one who needs to knock and he can't read so you don't really need this sign up anymore." She thought about it and then said, "Well in a couple years, I'll put it back up because then he'll be able to read."
I was taken back by that. When her mom misses visitations or they get rescheduled, Miss S is crushed. In fact, last Friday I had to tell her that one of the two for this week was cancelled. We were in the car so I pulled over and stopped, got out of the car and opened her door. Her head was down and she looked very sad. I held my arms out like when you want to pick up a kid. She slowly stood up and came to me. I picked her up and gave her a big hug. I held her and told her how sorry I was that she didn't get to see her mom on Monday. She started to sniffle a little bit. I told her it was OK to cry and that she should go ahead and let it out. Boy did she! She just sobbed on my shoulder for a good minute. When she lifted her head, I asked her if she felt better and she said she did.
Because of things like that, I know she misses her mom and wants to see her on a regular basis. I also think though that she really likes living with us and wants to do both. I think she would be perfectly happy if she got to see her mom a couple times a week and then got to come back to our house to live.
Isn't that crazy?! What a fallen world we live in. Thank God for opening my eyes to see Him and see my own depravity. I pray that we can continue to be a positive influence to these kids for His Kingdom. If you think about it, please pray for their mother. She needs to know Jesus loves her.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment