Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Paint my truck yellow.

It would be a more appropriate color. That way I'd get paid for driving all over the place. To child care, swim lessons, back home to shower, back to child care for kid #2, back home to eat, you get the picture...

One thing about having kids depend on me is that I never stop going. I'm busy from the moment I wake up til the moment I go to bed. The funny thing is that I've been trying to teach Miss S about self control and being quiet. What I do is have her sit silently (I realized pretty quick that she knows the difference between silent and quiet) on the couch and either read or watch TV. These kids don't watch much TV. In fact, they can't hardly sit still for more than 2 minutes without shifting or making some kind of noise.

She still thinks I'm punishing her or I'm upset with her when I have her do silent time but I'm trying to tell her that it's OK to not talk sometimes. I'll let you know when she actually agrees with me. :)

Low of the day: Lil C did not enjoy the kiddie pool in the backyard. I put him in, he screamed. I took him out, he screamed louder.
High of the day: Miss S loves the swimming lessons! Sure, sometimes she's afraid but she keeps talking about it and when I filled up the backyard pool, she kept telling me she wanted to practice putting her whole head under water. Thanks Terese!

No comments:

Post a Comment