Just a couple of "quick" hits from the weekend.
We were all at church, getting ready to leave the admin offices when Miss S asked if we were leaving "this way or that way" as she pointed to the front door and then towards the side of the building. I said "there's no exit over there". She looked at me like I was crazy so I thought she was trying to play a joke on me. I said "Alright, go that way." So she turns around and walks in a very determined way over towards the side of the building. There's a brick wall that runs perpendicular into the brick wall that makes up the front entrance. There's also a piece of floor-to-ceiling glass that's less than 3 feet wide that connects the two brick walls. She walked right into the glass...and hit it HARD.
You know how some people just aren't paying attention and walk into something or miss what they're reaching for? This wasn't one of those times. She KNEW that piece of glass wasn't there. I have to give her a lot of credit though because it was a big thud and everybody was half laughing/half concerned that she hurt herself. Once we realized it hurt but she was OK we all started laughing.
We then told her about our own accidents and how it's very important to be able to laugh at yourself sometimes. She had a few tears in her eyes but she was able to laugh at herself too. Good stuff.
The second/last thing happened as we were driving to swim lessons on Memorial Day. We drove through downtown Gilbert and happened to see a MD event just starting up. Miss S said "Nick, I know we're supposed to remember the people who died while fighting for us, but I want to remember God today too." She went on to say that He is a great father and He sent His Son to die for us. More good stuff.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment